Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Sweet Skins: Nancy Gonzalez bags


I really like this '60s mod-inspired look on Hayden Panettiere. I definitely covet the cute Elizabeth and James dress, but I'm most drawn toward her bright purple Nancy Gonzalez clutch. (Although I'm not sold on the purple/pink color combo in this case.) I do love the addition of a bright bag in summer, especially when it's one of Gonzalez's exceptionally-made exotic skin totes.

Portero continues to stock quite a few of Gonzalez's bags, which is good news for shoppers. While the bags are a bit pricey, there's no doubt that the details make the price understandable. The designer uses materials like ultra-durable and luxe python and alligator, and the shapes are so classic that you never run the risk of being out of style. If I had the choice, I'd snap up this Nancy Gonzalez Grey Columbian Crocodile Shoulder Tote in a heartbeat. So chic!

Image via Just Jared