Thursday, July 16, 2009

How do you Clutch?


I was looking through pictures of Vogue’s 1-year anniversary party for 3.1 Phillip Lim’s L.A. store held yesterday, and came across some great examples of the different styles of clutches popular right now. First of all, I love Lim, and secondly, I love the event's host Rachel Bilson (above, left). I think she has great effortless style--I mean, how many people could carry off a shiny shorts-suit?

Here she paired her Lim ensemble with a chic snakeskin bag. Go for snake if you like to mix-and-match patterns, because the natural look of the skin will always have variation. Want to get the same look? Try this Kotur Ayers Snakeskin Natural Pleated Clutch or shop our selection of snakeskin clutches.

Lisa Love, West Coast Editor of Vogue (above right) chose to go with a vintage leather envelope clutch. This is one of my favorite looks for a not-too-dressy event. Steal Love's style with this Bottega Veneta Vintage Bordeaux Woven Suede & Lizard Bag or shop our excellent collection of vintage clutches.


Lastly, take a look at cute Kristen Bell (above). She goes very Audrey Hepburn with a classic black satin clutch. (I'm coveting the whole outfit--plus those amazing diamond bracelets!) Check out this Judith Leiber Black Satin & Austrian Crystal Clutch Shoulder Bag if you like her style.

Images via Just Jared