Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Ring Envy?


If you watch The Bachelorette, there's been much reported about the Neil Lane ring given to Jillian by her new fiance Ed (pictured above). Made from platinum and a pear-shaped diamond accented with baguette and round diamonds, it hasn't been getting very much love from viewers.

I have to agree, as much as I love Neil Lane, that this ring isn't my cup of tea either. Negative reactions have mostly been pointed at the pear-shape, but I don't think that's the problem. I think it's the combination of the pear with the baguettes which gives off a heavy 1980s vibe. To then plop that on top of an ultra-feminine, vintage-looking design doesn't make much sense.

Need more engagement ring inspiration? Shop our ultra-glam selection now. What do you think about Jillian's ring?