Monday, January 19, 2009

More from Vicenza


My favorite thing about trade shows is running into a booth that just unexpectedly wows me. Such was the case at Gorgoglione, an exhibitor from Milan. Now these are red carpet-worthy pieces: Just the type of stunning gemstone jewelry I'd love to see at the upcoming Oscars. Remember how we've been talking statement necklaces? Just check out the pieces above crafted from black and white diamonds. (I took these images myself, so my apologies for the less-than-stellar quality.)


I also fell in love with their multi-strand baroque pearl and gemstone necklaces (above). Displayed asymmetrically (just like the hot neckline trend seen at the Golden Globes), I was smitten with the exquisite gem-set clasps that are certainly meant to be worn front-and-center, not at the nape of the neck. (And check out that orchid brooch! By using larger sapphires rather than all-over pave, the effect is modern and not too bling-y.)


Black stones (both high-end diamonds and less expensive onyx) were everywhere, and I particularly liked Gorgoglione's faceted black diamond necklace and earring set. The length of the necklace is very current, and the understated sparkle from the beads feels totally now.


Last but certainly not least was this to-die-for necklace and bracelet set with multi-colored diamond and gemstone slices. I loved the mix of natural colors, and I especially loved how all of the imperfections and inclusions in the stones were highlighted and not hidden.