Thursday, January 15, 2009

Golden Globes part 2


Although statement necklaces were bigger and better than ever this year, there's also no way I could ignore the amazing number of asymmetrical necklines at the Golden Globes. I'm a sucker for this silhouette--I think it's really flattering and is much more comfortable to wear than strapless. Three of the looks are here, and I'm happy to say that they accessorized with interesting jewelry (rather than just your run-of-the-mill diamond looks).

My absolute favorite, Sandra Bullock (above), looked fabulous in a pale Christian Dior ruffled flamenco-style gown. I was possibly even more enamored with her yellow gold Bochic snake bracelets and Amrapali earrings. The pops of turquoise (in both the jewels and the handbag) were the perfect compliment to the ensemble.


Isla Fisher (above) shimmered in a light bronze/gold Carlos Miele gown that was just the right shade for her auburn hair. She chose jewels in the same shades, including pearl and champagne diamond earrings by Yvel and a chocolate diamond ring and bracelet by Le Vian.


Lastly, Maria Menounos wore a frilly Ina Soltani in a gorgeous shade of purple. I thought the ruffles on the bodice were a bit oversized, but the color was wonderful on her. I was really pleased with her choice of an Amrapali elephant cuff--thankfully, actresses are going for unusual pieces these days.

So what's the point? If you're going asymmetrical, definitely invest in some beautiful statement bracelets. Here are a few of my favorites now up for auction on Portero:

Vintage 81.9 Grams 18k Yellow Gold Bamboo Link Chain Bracelet
Andy Gotz 18k White Gold Diamond Floral Botanical Hinged Bangle Bracelet
Ewa Solarska 18k Yellow Gold Diamond Pillow Bracelet

Images courtesy D'Orazio and Associates.