Monday, September 15, 2008

The New Palette


One of my favorite trends found in this past New York Fashion Week had to be the beautiful gray, yellow and white palette used by many designers. Gray is my absolute must-have for this fall: it really is the new black. And mixed with pale yellows, it feels just right and very fresh for next spring. Above is an ensemble by Monique Lhuillier, my personal #1 bridal designer, who is slowly branching out into more and more daywear. I love the fitted pencil skirt with the balloon-sleeved blouse and subtle pattern. 


Above is another perfect little day dress from Doo.Ri in a similar colorway. I love the print: I could wear it or cover my couch with it, either way, I want it in my life. The same color combo can also work for evening, as evidenced by this showstopping number (below) by Project Runway's Christian Siriano. In his first solo show, the young designer really clarified his signature look, and I love the restrained drama of this gown. 


There's no better way to accessorize a pretty dress than with a pair of chic earrings. Here are my three picks for yellow done right:

Elizabeth Showers 18-karat yellow gold and lemon quartz earrings. I love the round stones set off by a subtle heart motif in the drop. 

Gabriella De La Vega 18-karat yellow gold citrine teardrop earrings. The little briolettes will move and sparkle in the light. 

SeidenGang 18-karat yellow gold smoky topaz drop earrings. Simple and sweet with a lovely leaf design. 

Images via style.com and Brad Walsh