Monday, August 10, 2009

Look of the Day: Leighton Meester


I saw this image from the Teen Choice awards yesterday and I was compelled to create a whole post about it! I absolutely love Gossip Girls' Leighton Meester in this entire ensemble. (FYI: she's wearing a Louis Vuitton dress, Brian Atwood “Zenith” Mary Janes, Cathy Waterman jewels and a Nina Ricci clutch.) The look is young and fun but still totally chic. But what I'm really drawn to is the graphic black, white and red color palette--it's something that can be worn all year round if done right.

Just like Leighton added a fantastic punch of color with her shoes, you can do the same thing with a handbag. Here are two of my favorites in that perfect shade of fire engine red:

Chanel Vintage Red Suede Diagonal Quilted Envelope Style Single Flap Mini Shoulder Bag

Chanel Quilted Red Patent Leather Top Flap Handbag

Image via Just Jared. Credit: Steve Granitz/Wireimage; Photos: Frazer Harrison/Jason Merritt/Getty, INFdaily