Tuesday, August 4, 2009

In the Pink


I'm excited to see what this amazing pink diamond (Named "The Vivid Pink") will go for at auction this December at Christie's Hong Kong. Weighing in at 5.00 carats, it's potentially the largest Fancy Vivid Pink Potentially Flawless diamonds to ever hit the auction block and it's estimated at $5 to $7 million.

I'm a sucker for a colored diamond myself (my engagement ring is champagne: a beautiful brown-yellow that changes color in the light) and these natural colored stones are becoming more and more popular as the years go by. I've been seeing a lot of designers use small points of colored diamonds as accents on their jewelry (including blues, greens and reds) and engagement rings are also getting the treatment.

Like the look of a pink diamond? I think any girl would say 'yes' to this GIA Certified Platinum & 18k Yellow Gold 1.15 ctw Fancy Pink & Yellow Diamond Ring.

I also love this GIA Certified 0.45 ctw Orange Pink Diamond 18k White Gold Ring--the center stone is a gorgeous shade of pink with a slightly orange undertone that is very unique.