Monday, July 14, 2008

Monday Eye Candy: Gumuchian

I've just happily gotten my hands on some images from Gumuchian's brand new Summer 2008 collection and I had to share them with you. I am really digging the designer, Myriam Gumuchian Schreiber, and the old Hollywood glamour route she is taking with these pieces. 

Above, the Heart bracelet is made up of 18-karat white gold and 11.03 carats of diamonds. I love that the motif isn't too literal, and combines both a modern simplicity and old-world attention to detail. 
These gorgeous earrings are another winner for me. The platinum, diamond and amethyst drops have elements of the unexpected, such as the mixing of all the different cuts. I love that the rounds are held together by baguettes, and the Deco styling is offset by the bold purple--a color that isn't automatically associated with jewelry from that era. 


I've certainly saved the most dramatic for last. This Buddha necklace is not for the demure among us: crafted from carved amethyst, it also features diamonds, pink sapphires and onyx. I love the sautoir style of the necklace and pendant and the alternating stones in the chain. 

Portero carries a large selection of Gumuchian jewelry--click right here to see what's available to bid on right now.