Monday, March 31, 2008

Pretty Little Pendants

There's something about a little flash of metal right between your collarbones that I find both sweet and sexy. A charm-like drop is the perfect way to express a little something about yourself (maybe a religious symbol, a lucky charm, or your child's initial, as Nicole Richie shows below) or just add a tiny bit of sparkle to your daily routine. 

As you see here, many of the world's most stylish women have a favorite dainty pendant that they wear over and over again. The key is to choose something small and simple (I personally prefer nothing bigger than a nickel) that doesn't define your outfit, but merely adds a little personality to your overall look. 

Keira Knightly, above, is often spotted wearing a yellow gold circle version from Tiffany, while Richie, below, wears a Jennifer Meyer "H" pendant to represent her new daughter, Harlow. I have two personal favorites in my own collection: A very tiny four leaf clover with a diamond at the center and also an ancient dime-sized coin I found in Brazil. Like Keira, I often pair them with other small pendants, but make sure to have chains of varying lengths. 

There are so many great little pendant options on Portero that I wanted to start shopping myself. Here's three of my top picks:

Chopard Happy Diamond Key Pendant. Made of 18-karat white gold, this miniature key would be a creative way to express the cliched sentiment of "You have the keys to my heart." 

Single Stone Diamond Slices pendant. These are right up my alley style-wise. I love the handmade looking 18-karat yellow gold wrapped around these thin slices of uncut diamonds. The combination of raw and refined has me swooning. 

Tiffany & Co diamond and sapphire Cube necklace. I'm not sure just what it is about this little geometric shape that has me ready to buy, but I love it all the same. The 3-D lines and retro ball chain makes this necklace feel like a combination of hip boutique and really lucky gumball machine prize. 

Images via people.com