Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Bathroom Jewels

If you're a regular reader of this blog, you'll know that I have a soft spot for jewel-themed home decor. My latest obsession is a new line by Aquaplus called Aqua Jewels created by award winning designer Marcel Wanders. There's not a ton of information out there yet, but I do know that it is a luxury faucet range including models for the basin, bidet, bath faucets and shower fixtures. Apparently, there are also complimentary accessories. 

I love the juxtaposition of the feminine faceted diamond with the strong, hard lines of the faucet itself. Offered in plain polished or etched, this bathroom accent would look perfect in the powder room I hope to have one day. (I mean, it's only fitting considering that I wrote a book called "A Girl's Guide to Buying Diamonds," right?)

If you like the defined look of oversized facets, try something similar in your home through your glassware. I particularly like this set of 4 Steuben petal-cut crystal old fashioned glasses, and there's even a matching decanter and wine stopper

image via Aquaplus Solutions