Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Dads getting shafted?


I just came across this great editorial on CNN (from Parenting.com) written by a Dad who feels like Father's Day gifts aren't as important as those given to Moms.

Here's what author Geoff Williams has to say:

Yet I think we dads merit at least a little more than boxer shorts, soap-on-a-rope, and neckties. We don't get the good stuff because we're paying for the sins of our fathers, and our fathers' fathers. But these days, dads are changing diapers, warming bottles, and taking our kids to the park. We may not be where you want us yet, but we've evolved, and we're involved. Just as much as the moms, we appreciate the cards, the praise, and being treated special on our day.

I agree! That's why I splurged on a Tag Heuer watch (from Portero.com of course) for my Dad this year. I'm getting married this summer, and I thought it would be a nice way to make up for all of the presents in the past that have been lacking as well as showing him how much I appreciate all he's doing for my wedding.

Have you gotten Dad anything yet? There's still time! Here's some links:

Best Values Watches
Cufflinks