Thursday, May 28, 2009

Viva Las Vegas!

If you weren't a reader last year, you probably don't know that every May, Las Vegas plays host to the country's biggest jewelry show. I'm here to search the trends and bring you the coolest new pieces WAY before they're ever seen in stores. Interested? Here's my personal diary from my first day at the Couture show (click on images to enlarge):


If you are a fan of gorgeous jewels worn by lots of A-list celebrities, you've probably heard of Los Angeles-based Erica Courtney (above). As usual, her booth bursting with vivid gems and diamonds did not disappoint. Below, check out this spectacular drusy earring and pendant combo. This one-of-a-kind set has a palette of turquoise blue and metallic gold and it is both organic and elegant. Love!


Next, check out these bold, sculptural pieces from Athens, Greece-based Elena Votsi. Her large-scale 18-karat gold rings and earrings felt modern with a playful edge.


I also visited another Greek designer, Lithos, whose rose gold and diamond designs were really stunning. My absolute favorite was this single cuff that looked like stacks of diamond-encrusted bangles. The subtle wave pattern made it feel one-of-a-kind.


Lastly, I stopped by one of the jewelry stores at the Wynn and had to show you this fun take on high-end timepieces. Created by Italian designer Natalia Brilli, here's a lambskin-covered Rolex skeleton made into a bracelet. I love the cheeky take on a luxe watch made into an accessory that is affordable.


Stay tuned for more designs as I tour the aisles of the show!