Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Winter Holiday


I'll be the first to admit that I'm not a fan of cold weather. In fact, the only way I like it is if I'm indoors looking out on a snowy day while sitting in front of a fire. That's why I love taking warm weather winter vacations (or even just looking through this season's fabulous resort collections!) to get away from it all.

Even though there are plenty of neutrals to be seen, for me, resort is all about color. Designers weren't afraid of bold, vibrant hues on the runway--it's like delicious eye candy after wearing so much black and gray. A big trend was also hats and head accessories ranging from chic visors to oversized headbands. For example, take a look at Marc Jacobs' take on a silk wrap dress, above. The color screams vacation, and I like pairing it with multicolored gemstone cuffs. Copy this look perfectly with this Jewel of Ocean 18k White Gold Diamond Multicolor Sapphire Bracelet.


I also LOVED this sweet little coat from Diane von Furstenberg. She used stripes all throughout her collection, and this canary yellow and white coverup is one of my favorites. Note the bold black and white headpiece. Graphic black and white accessories are a perfect fit for colorful ensembles--something like this Mary Norton Black & White Acrylic Rhinestone Louisa Clutch could travel anywhere.


Finally, here's a gorgeous green shift by Michael Kors with matching head scarf. He decided to pair his simple silhouettes with oversized ethnic jewelry reminiscent of a '70s look. Yellow gold and beaches just go together perfectly, and I think that this Bvlgari 18k Yellow Gold Turquoise Cabochon Chain Necklace & Ring Set would make any vacation better--it feels utterly Capri!

To search our Portero's Resort picks by category, click below:
Luggage
Jewelry
Handbags
Sunglasses

Images via style.com